Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy VD! Heart shaped boxes, blood tests and penicillin

So it's that time of year where people receive cards from secret admirers, Heart shaped boxes with chocolates in them, people renewing vows, engagement rings are hidden in desserts, you get the picture. Love is in the air....
For some at least. Some of us on the other hand are not so lucky some of us have a different story to tell. I hope people find this message and can either relate to or find humor in this or both.
  The day after valentines day there is a line in the STD clinics throughout the country and hospitals for antibiotics and HIV retrovirals. There are a large number of people checking into rehab. There are a lot of arrests being made due to crimes of passion (i.e. Damaging an ex's property, domestic violence charges, assault on an ex's new lover if I left any out let me know) Stalkers are on the rise sometimes you think you have a secret admirer when really you find heart shaped boxes of chocolate covered date rape drug. Poisoning is also on the list.
With the first statement of STD clinics here is a quote received in a text message "I want you to know I really want to fuck you, but I can't fuck you bare because I got fucked by 2 poz guys at the bath house last night."
More quotes from people I have heard on or around valentines day in the form of text and email "I just got the test results, you might want to get tested" "You are a fucking pathetic loser" "Stop calling me you psycho" "My wife is starting to catch on we aren't just friends" "I want to fuck but can we do it in my car my BF is home"  "I love you but you need rehab" "It's over" "I'm calling the cops" (only 2 of these I personally received bet you can't guess which ones)

Then here is the sad part of Valentines day. Being alone and hearing all of your friends have someone. Watching a guy propose with love in his eyes and watching his girlfriend/boyfriend light up with excitement  when you just either signed divorce papers or just either told your partner or your partner told you "I want a divorce." Being stood up. Being in the grocery store with a tv dinner and dog/cat food then finding yourself at home with your pet ignoring you while you cry on the couch watching romance movies or any movie with a happy ending kiss. Going out with all your other single friends only to find you leave alone because all your friends hooked up. And the even worse parts. Hearing "the one that got away" is getting married. Being dumped and or cheated on and they just couldn't wait any other day to tell you. Visiting the grave of the person you thought you would spend the rest of your life with.

I know, I know. I'm totally being depressing I think the title was a dead giveaway of what this post would be about. However some of it has to be said. I mean laughing at sorrow doesn't mean it will hurt less later.

As this is my first valentines day single I am grateful I'm working so I don't have to sit and think about the divorce, but others out there won't be so lucky I forgot to mention aside from xmas valentines day also has the highest suicide rate.

The moral of this entire story is valentines day in the end is just another day to get through. It's not a bad thing to celebrate love. If you have someone flaunt it and cherish it. Let the whole world know that you love and are loved. If you're single and love it flaunt it too. If you're slutty fuck your brains out with as many men or women or both just be safe just because it is VD doesn't mean you need to catch VD.

I will close with this, if you are single and drink or do drugs TURN YOUR PHONE OFF AND HAVE SOMEONE HIDE IT, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CALL EXES, SOMEONE YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON, AND LASTLY NO ONE IS DYING TO HEAR FROM YOU AT 4 IN THE MORNING!!! DOING ANYTHING OF THE SORT WILL RESULT IN SEVERE DAMAGE CONTROL THE NEXT DAY!!!! I speak from experience, not pretty........


No comments:

Post a Comment